Parent Involvement Policy
Flintville School encourages parent involvement through the utilization of parents as advisors and resource people in accordance with the Lincoln County Board of Education.
Flintville School will work to provide meaningful parental involvement activities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Orientation will be held annually.
- Flintville School has an open door policy which encourages parents to become involved and engaged in their student’s education.
- Pride Award Ceremonies are planned each nine weeks to celebrate academic success and parents, stakeholders and community members are invited to attend.
- Parent/Teacher/Student compacts will be used annually.
- Agendas will be used in grades 3-8.
- Individual data notebooks will be used to track student’s data in 3-8 and discussed with parents as needed to plan for student success.
- Monthly PTO meetings will be held to explore ways to help parents be involved in the success of Flintville School and our students.
- Book fairs and guest readers are scheduled to encourage reading with at school and at home.
- Student work will be sent home at least weekly.
- Midterm progress reports will be sent home on a scheduled basis.
- Report Cards will be sent home four times a year.
- Student’s grades can be electronically accessed, without charge, through the use of the “I-NOW” program.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be scheduled two times a year.
- Flintville School will inform parents of activities through social media accounts including: Instagram, PTO Facebook, Twitter, Notify Me, and SMORE weekly newsletter concerning events that will be occurring.
- Parents will be involved in school decisions through participation on the Public Relations and Parent Involvement Committee.
- Family Literacy nights will be planned throughout the year to showcase the students success and allow parents to be involved in an enriching reading, math and science experience.
- Parent, Grandparent and/or family member volunteers are utilized throughout the year (many make materials to be used in the classroom).
- Each year, Flintville School has a cleanup day around the campus to maintain the campus grounds.
- Every Parent/grandparent is invited to join their child for lunch on the Parent/Grandparent lunch date.
- Parents are used as guest speakers.
- Very often parents (or grandparents) will come to read to their child’s class.
- A monetary savings account is optional for all students provided and monitored by a local banking institute.